Monday, July 9, 2012

Book Trailer: Something Strange and Deadly, by Susan Dennard

I do not usually post book trailers here because I'm not such a big fan of them, but I've been excited for this book for months and I think the trailer is pretty well done!



I like the graphics with the shadows on the wall and the short quotes! Also, we get some more info about the mysterious Spirit-Hunters. I'm really cuious about the worldbuilding in this book! It's Victorian and paranormal and sort of steampunk-ish, a combination I really enjoy! Also, zombies. I know they are all the rage now, but I actually haven't read a zombie book yet... I've been meaning to read Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel but I'm waiting for the paperback edition with the pretty cover to release *ahem*.


Not heard of Something Strange and Deadly before?

Publication date: July 24, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Format: hardcover, 400 pages

Goodreads description:
goodreads
The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.


Doesn't it sound awesome?! Not to mention, the cover is completely gorgeous... I've been participating in ARC giveaways over and over but with no luck... have you read an early copy of Something Strange and Deadly? Are you excited about it? Thoughts on the trailer? Let me know in the comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment