Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Scorch, by Gina Damico

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is:

Scorch (Croak #2), by Gina Damico 

Expected publication: September 25, 2012
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Format: Paperback, 352 pages

The goodreads blurb:
Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby is a teenage grim reaper with the bizarre ability to damn souls. That makes her pretty scary, even to fellow Grims. But after inadvertently transferring her ability to Zara, a murderous outlaw, Lex is a pariah in Croak, the little town she calls home. To escape the townspeople’s wrath, she and her friends embark on a wild road trip to DeMyse. Though this sparkling desert oasis is full of luxuries and amusements, it feels like a prison to Lex. Her best chance at escape would be to stop Zara once and for all—but how can she do that from DeMyse, where the Grims seem mysteriously oblivious to Zara’s killing spree?

 I enjoyed Croak, the first book in this series, so much! I love me some morbid sense of humor and sarcastic death jokes. I breezed through it in about a day or two, and I'm glad I don't have to wait a whole year for the sequel! I'm curious about where this is all going and I can't wait to see Lex and Zara face off, haha.


Have you read Croak? Do you have other awesome reaper books to recommend?


NOTE: I've prescheduled this post to publish while I'm sitting in a train to Prague... so it might be awhile before I can respond to comments / check out everyone else's WoW. Sorry 'bout that. The hotel should have Wlan though.

4 comments:

  1. New follower. This means I have to read the first book. I like the synopsis very much for this book.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet read the first one, but they both sound tempting. Enjoy!

    MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't gotten around to reading Croak, but when I do it's nice to know the second book will probably be out.

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first book sitting on my shelf, and I need to get around to reading it soon! I've heard really good things, and with the second book out soon it seems like a good time as any =) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete