Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished





Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, asking bloggers to post their Top Ten lists on a certain topic every week.

Well, so I haven't done a TTT in quite a while and thought this was a good week to get back to it. The topic for this week is:

Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. This can be either because I don't plan/want to, procrastinated, or just didn't get around to it. Since I made this my summer of finishing/catching up with serieses I felt the need to contribute :P This is in no particular order. Sorry for not including the covers but I just have no time to link them all up and format them ^^''


  1. Lesley Livingston's Wonderous Strange series. I've read the first two books and liked them a lot but somehow number three was never a top priority too many new shiny things!... I plan on finishing it though!
  2. Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. Same thing. I did some catching up this summer by reading The Iron Daughter, but I haven't gotten around to the rest yet. Once I finish my currently present book stack that'll be one of the first things I'll order though, because I really love the characters!
  3. Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. I read book 3 this summer after it dusted on my shelf for a year and remembered how awesome and hilarious these books are! But there are quite a lot more and somehow I'm in no hurry to get through all of them. It'll probably stay a 'once-a-year' type of thing.
  4. Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels. They're all on my shelf but I kinda have to be in the mood to read one.
  5. Jacky Morse Kessler's Riders of the Apocalypse series. I really enjoyed Hunger but haven't read on yet. I don't know, those books are all about serious issues and it really depends on how they're handled whether I'll like them or not. It's a risk. And from the description it's hard to tell whether or not it's my thing. I'll eventually read the next one though, I guess.
  6. C.C. Hunter's Shadow Falls series. I've only read Born At Midnight a few months ago so this is a time thing since I definitely plan on reading the rest.
  7. Lisa J. Smith's Vampire Diaries. I've read the first volume (book 1+2) but haven't continued yet. I really like the series but the books are quite different. Again, not a priority.
  8. Kim Harrison's The Hollows. I really really want to read A Perfect Blood but I'm waiting for the UK release so it matches the rest of my books.
  9. Alyson Noel's Immortals series. I borrowed and read teh first two books from a friend a few years ago, and while I read them quickly I decided not to finish/continue this series. I had huge problems with some of the values it implies but never questions. I was very frustrated.
  10. Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Haven't read the latest one, or Once Burned, the first Vlad novel. I really really want to though, but something else (new) was always there to keep me from it.

Other series I could have included: Fallen, by Lauren Kate. Blue Bloods, by Melissa de la Cruz. Midnight Breed, by Lara Adrian. There are a few others, but I realize that I actually did catch up with quite a lot over the summer. My problem is usually that I don't even start many serieses because half a dozen or more books are already out and I'd have to catch up on sooooo much (and spend a lot of time and money) to get caught up - meanwhile like 2 new books would appear.

It's impossible to catch up on everything. It's quite a pity since this has kept me away from many authors I might enjoy, such as Ilona Andrews, Laurel K. Hamilton, Lilith Saintcrow, Jim Butcher... at some point maybe I can go and read all of them, but at the moment it's just not possible. Sometimes I really wish people would write more standalone novels or shorter serieses of 3-5 books.

What's in your Top Ten? Any responses to my thoughts on serieses and their lengths in general? Does it put you off if you have to catch up on a lot? Let me know in the comments and link me to your own TT :)

3 comments:

  1. I finished The Iron Fey series last week and I can definitely recommend finishing it! I really love that series. But I have also a lot of series on my list I like, but just haven't any priority in finishing it. Like Shadow fall: I read the first book, but still have to buy the second one. Although it isn't that long ago so...

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these. There's just something about a series that puts me off. Same thing with very, very long books.

    Here's my Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend finishing the Kate Daniels books by Ilona Andrews. I can safely say that the story gets better with each book. Like you I'm behind on The Hollows. Must catch up :) My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete