Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to showcase upcoming releases that we're impatiently waiting for.


My pick this week:

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, by April Genevieve Tucholke

Expected release: August 2013
Publisher: Penguin / Dial
Format: no info yet

Goodreads description:
Violet's grandmother had warned her about the Devil, had talked about him often, as though he were a best friend, or an old lover. But she never told Violet that the Devil could be real. She never told Violet that the Devil could be a dark-haired boy in vintage clothes who takes naps in the sun and likes old movies and vigilante justice.

River West is the seventeen-year old stranger renting the guesthouse behind the rotting mansion on the sea, where Violet lives. And as eerie things start happening in Violet's town, she begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling, coffee-loving liar with rascally eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something else? Something...evil?

Violet's already so knee-deep in love she can't see straight.

And that's just how River likes it.



Click here to check it out on Goodreads.

I know I know... almost a year off, doesn't even have a cover yet, but! The descprition sounds sooo awesome!! Devils or demons. Dark-haired, coffee drinking male lead who just might be a compulsive liar. Rotting mansions. Liars. Mystery and lore. The sea. Intrigues and ploys. Waaaah I need this NOW >_< Can't wait to see the cover!

EDIT:  I wrote this on Monday, when there wasn't a cover yet, but now there is! Look!
I love the font, and the cliffs! It looks so dark and tempestuous! Makes me even more eager about the setting. I hope it's reflected in the writing style as well.
 

Ahem. So what do you think? And what are you waiting for this week?

10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before. The cover looks interesting and from the blurb this seems like an interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover just came out! I saw it on some other blogs! I already have this on my TBR list and was shocked to see the cover! It was gorgeous and I love stories about the devil!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks so much for telling me! It wasn't on goodreads yet when I wrote the post on Monday :D

      Delete
  3. Love this cover! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Check out my WoW

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful cover! August is such a long way away! Definitely going on my list.

    Here's mine: Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure how I felt about this cover after the reveal yesterday, but it has grown on me in spades! And the blurb is just awesome. That last line gave me shivers!

    This week I'm waiting on The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had seen this one around a bit lately, still not sure if I will read it or not though. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks really good, love the cover.
    Liked your FB too

    WOW

    ReplyDelete