Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme by Jill at Breaking The Spine to showcase upcoming releases we're excited about.

This week's pick is:

Expected release: February 21, 2013
Publisher: Viking Children's
Format: Hardcover, 272 pages

Goodreads description:
That’s the day the trouble started.
The trouble that nearly ruined my life.
The trouble that turned me Dark.
The trouble that begs me for revenge.


Celia Door enters her freshman year of high school with giant boots, dark eyeliner, and a thirst for revenge against Sandy Firestone, the girl who did something unspeakable to Celia last year.

But then Celia meets Drake, the cool new kid from New York City who entrusts her with his deepest, darkest secret. When Celia’s quest for justice threatens her relationship with Drake, she’s forced to decide which is sweeter: revenge or friendship.

This debut novel from Karen Finneyfrock establishes her as a bright, bold, razor-sharp new voice for teens.



I saw this one on NetGalley a while ago and requested it, but didn't get approved. I feel like it could go either way, to be honest. It'll be either really stereotypical and bland and filled with angst and whining, or it could be absolutely amazing with a raw, honest voice. I'm hoping for the second.
What do you think of my pick? And please share the link to your own WoW so I can check it out :)

11 comments:

  1. You're right, this could go both ways. This book could be amazing but it could also be awful. I'm sorry cause you haven't got the book from the NG, I hope you'll get it :)

    Here is my WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it could be awesome if done right :-)
    Thanks heaps for a great pick!

    Cassie
    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I love revenge and angsty books and the romance sounds great too!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds interesting! New follower :D

    My Wow: http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was intrigued with this book (requested it too and was declined), and I love it when authors use lead characters that aren't the norm!
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stories of revenge! :) I saw this one on NG, too, and had the same feelings toward it, so I didn't request it. I think I'll wait and see what the consensus is before I give it any of my precious reading time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same reservations about this one, but I think we will just have to wait and see! It could be great :).

    Jessica @ Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really not sure whether to pick this one up or not - definitely have to check some reviews out first. Hope you'll like once you get to read it! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks intereting.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good. Very cool cover too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a new one for me...it sounds really promising but you're right it could easily go both ways. Here's hoping it'll be fresh and captivating haha! Great choice, thanks for sharing Carmen :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete