Sunday, March 3, 2013

Know me Better - books, food, movies, and I dump my bag

Know me Better is a meme hosted by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Every week she posts 5 questions from her author interview list that the participating bloggers then answer and link to.

This week's questions:
Books You Are Dying to Read
Foods you wish you could eat and never gain a pound
Things you have in your purse/bag/wallet now
Movies you never want to see again
Movie you watch over and over again


Apparently this is also a top ten thing, but we'll see if I can come up with ten items for each point...

Books You Are Dying to Read
Some of these I already own, some not, some aren't even out yet:
The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa
the third book in Kelly Creagh's Nevermore trilogy
Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare
The Secret of Ella & Micha - Jessica Sorensen (I own it)
Flight - Alyssa Rose Ivy (that one too)
The Jelly Bean Crisis - Jolene Stockman (yup, that one too)
Shadow and Bone  - Leigh Bardugo
Lola and the Boy Next Door  - Stefanie Perkins
Dearly, Beloved  - Lia Habel
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black

Plus many more, and many books I wish  I could re-read...


Foods you wish you could eat and never gain a pound
My body is stupid. It gains weight from everything, so that list is much much longer than these few top items...
Bread / cereal. Sounds stupid, but sometimes I actually binge on the stuff in the worst way...
Vermicelles. In case you're wondering what the hell that is, it's a Swiss specialty, pronounced 'wear-me-cell' in English words. It's made from chestnuts and it's delicious!!! Too bad the season's already over again, but I could eat tons of it... this is what it looks like:
Underneath, there is usually meringues ^^

These mints:
Ice cream
Peas
Mashed potatoes (self-made)
Gnocchi
Zimtstern cookies
Chocolate, or Schoggi as us Swiss people say. I especially love that by Cailler, Lindt, and the Munz prügeli...  but I rarely eat it because I have no moderation. I can't just eat a piece or two.

Things you have in your purse/bag/wallet now
My bag: agenda, wallet, notepad, notebook with Oscar Wilde quotes on the bottom of every page, one of those small folded umbrellas, pens, purple gloves with little black stars on them, mirror, eyeliner, hairpins, comb, chapstick, tissues, a tiny mini-sewing kit with scissors, needles, thread and everything that used to belong to my grandma.

Movies you never want to see again
Um... I'm sure there are awful movies I'd rather not watch again, but I can't come up with anything completely dreadful right now... maybe Blair Witch Project because it was so terribly boring? (I am not joking, I was zero scared and just waiting for something interesting to happen half the time).
I also dislike all comedies that give me secondhand embarrassment. I'd watch dumb action movies over those any time - at least the fight scenes look badass.

Movie you watch over and over again
Back to the Future. The Lord of the Rings movies. Heathers. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The Breakfast Club. Matrix. Easy A. The Swedish 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' etc. movies - Noomi Rapace is forever my Lisbeth Salander! Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Sleepy Hollow. Perks of Being a Wallflower. The Crow. Memoires of a Geisha. Finding Forester... I'm sure I forgot a couple really important ones!!

Erm yeah... I might have gone a bit overboard with some lists ^^' What do you guys think? And can you come up with a couple really terrible movies?



7 comments:

  1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Not seen that in years but I used to watch it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw it for the first time very recently, but I fell for it so hard!

      Delete
  2. Love The Breakfast Club & Farris Bueller's Day off! When I was younger there is no telling how many times I watched them.

    I agree with you on The Blair Witch Project... I thought it was stupid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting obsessed with 80s highschool movies ^^'' They're quite hard to get over here in Europe and my sister gave me whole (self-made!) box of them for Christmas :D

      Delete
  3. I love what's in your handbag, that's so cute :D

    Here's my KMB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek great answers again this week, loving this feature! I really want to read Shadow & Bone & The Eternity Cure too. Those chocolates you showed (Munz prügeli) made me drool on my keyboard a bit. We don't have those here but they look amazing o.O

    Your purple gloves with the black star sound fabulous ♥ and I wasn't scared at ALL at the Blair Witch movie either and I'm a notorious scaredy-cat! haha As far as the movies you watch over and over? Ditto on Lord of the Rings, Easy A, Sleepy Hollow, Back to the Future & Finding Forester ( though it has been a little bit since I watched those last 2)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting hun <3 I've never met anyone else who even knows Finding Forester!! It's such a great movie, even though it makes me cry every time ^^' I haven't seen it in years either, my mum has it as a VHS but I don't have a player for that at my apartment so I can't borrow it.
      And the Munz prügeli are sooo good! I could send you some if you want and I can figure out a way so they won't melt?

      Delete