Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Rogue, by Rachel Vincent

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: • Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I decided to switch things up a little again and do a Teaser Tuesday instead of a Top Ten...
First some info about that book I'm teasing you with, which is the second in Rachel Vincen'ts Shifters series. I read book one over the weekend and just had to download the next one right away ^^'

Relase date: May 1, 2008
Publisher: Harlequin / MIRA
Format: Mass market paperback, 394 pages

Goodreads description:

Cats don't always land on their feet

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on and off duty.But not all my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet—two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear.


So here's my teaser...

"My father was a bit of a rebel among the other Territorial Council Members, Alphas each of the nine other territories. Rather than passing the south-central Pride on to my future husband - Marc, if my paretns have any say in the matter - he wanted to hand the reins over to me. That very concept was sending shock waves of anger and impropriety throughout certain elements of the council. If my father's scandalous scheme ever came to fuition, I would someday have an opportunity to change the system from the inside.
It was the 'inside' part that bothered me."- Rogue, loc. 378 / 7%

What do you guys think? I really love that this series focuses on were-cats rather than the ubiquitous were-wolves!! Also, Faythe is plenty sassy and I love watching her navigate her difficult situation as the first female enforcer (and future Alpha) ever!!
Have you heard of/read the series? What are you thoughts on my teaser?

6 comments:

  1. I read Stray last year and absolutely LOVED it. The werecats is a refreshing supernatural creature. It was an awesome Adult book to read in between all the YA I've read. I can't wait to read Rogue. Faythe is just an awesome badass character. Really, you can't go wrong with Rachel Vincent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I unfortunately can't find a link to your blog in your google+ profile, so I'm answering here.
      I agree, I mostly read YA so mixing an adult book in there every once in a while is very refreshing :) I'm finished with Rogue now and it was great! Can't continue the series immediately right now but I definitely will soon! And I agree, I've yet to read anything by RAchel Vincent that I don't like, and I've read it all apart from the other Shifter novels!

      Delete
  2. I never finished this series. I should get back to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have played with the idea of trying this series out but I haven't bought it yet. Still playing with the idea.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Soul Screamers Vol 2 lately, and I already spottet Vol 3. AND I love Vincent's writing, so those are on my amazon wishlist -- but I'm not so sure when they'll come off and wander into my shelf. *sigh* But I feel like they're a bunch of badass girls in there and I should read this, asap! Nice teaser, too. She should love her fahter for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faythe annoyed the crap outta me, but I still enjoyed this series. I mean, werecats! Awesome. I'm still a Jace fan myself. :)

    ReplyDelete