Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Hamlet... Taking Chances

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Hey guys! It's been a while since I did a Teaser Tuesday, and since today's Top Ten Tuesday topic (10 favorite books I read before I started blogging) doesn't make a lot of sense for me to do as it would consist of many German books that haven't been translated, I decided now would be a good time to switch things around a bit.

On another note, I'm sorry about posting so few reviews lately!! The reason is that I have a lot of real life changes going on. I need to find an affordable apartment for May 1, and in this city I basically need a miracle (or A LOT of time-consuming hunting) to do that. Also, I just quit two jobs on Monday because from mid-May onwards I will have one job that pays well enough. No more Saturday work for me! I worked almost every Saturday for 3 years...


Anyhow, on with the teasers... click the book covers to get to Goodreads.


Teaser #1
"Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel,
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatched, unfledged courage."

- Polonius to his son Laertes upon his leaving for France, Hamlet I.iii.61-64. 




Teaser #2

"I tore my eyes away from his to look at Bree, 'You know him?' Everyone started laughing except for the guy standing next to me. His eyebrows were raised and his perfect mouth was slightly open. I guess women don't turn him down often.
'Well, I'd like to think so, he is my brother.'
Oh. Crap."

- Taking Chances by Molly McAdams, eARC, location 232 of 6901



What do you guys think of my teasers? Have you read any of the books? And what are you reading this Tuesday?


7 comments:

  1. I've never actually read Hamlet although I am familiar with it. Interesting choice for a tease.
    Taking Chances, I've seen this one a few times but haven't read it yet. Great tease!

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers Carmen, I love Hamlet :)

    My Teaser

    Good luck on the apartment hunting and congrats on your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome teasers! Thanks for stopping by ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with the Hamlet teaser and thank you so much for the Taking Chances one! I have been dying to read that book!

    Here is my teaser for this week on SnifferWalk Books. Come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read Hamlet. We read Julius Caesar and MacBeth in school, but never Hamlet. Hope you're enjoying it. I'm interested to see what you think of Taking Chances. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews, mostly because of some cheating, I think? Great teasers, regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Hamlet! Although it is interesting to read, seeing it performed is even better. I also enjoyed your teaser from Taking Chances. Sounds like someone is about to say "Ooops."
    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Hamlet since High School! (which may or may not have been a really long time ago lol)Taking Chances sounds really good! Thanks for sharing these. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete