Saturday, December 28, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Fracture Me Recklessly With A Fiery Poison Song

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


Hey guys! I didn't do a StS last week, so this week there are a couple more books than usual :) I hope everyone had a great Christmas/solstice/whatever other holiday you celebrate and that you could spend some quality time with your family and relax! I got some cool stuff myself - my sister gave me this awesome cup,

and a set of Game of Thrones poker cards! They have the major characters on them as well as the mottoes of the great families and the design and paper are just beautiful :D
But here's to the books:


Won / Gifted

Reckless, by Cornelia Funke
Immenblatt und erster Schnee, poems by Georg Gisi & illustrated by Marthe Keller-Kiefer, 1955

Thanks so much to Caro from The Book Rogue for the copy of Reckless! It was an awesome Christmas surprise :) The book of poems I got from my uncle, who also gave me two other books, one from 1843 and the other from 1873. I'll show you those another time.


Bought in print

Shadowfever, by Karen Marie Moning
The Fiery Heart, by Richelle Mead
Under the Never Sky, by Veronica Rossi

I've already read Shadowfever (borrowed from a friend) but now the right edition was on sale so I had to complete my collection. I can't wait to read The Fiery Heart and finally give Under the Never Sky a try!


Bought as ebooks


Poison Princess, by Kresley Cole
A Song For Julia, by Charles Sheehan-Miles
Bitter Sweet Love, by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pentimento, by Cameron Jace
Fracture Me, by Tahereh Mafi

Poison Princess almost didn't happen for me. I wasn't impressed by the kindle excerpt, but I gave the 17 chapter preview a try and ended up falling for the story! It was definitely worth it in the end. A Song For Julia was free, and I've wanted it ever since reading an excerpt a long time ago. JLA + gargoyles was a no-brainer, Fracture Me I would've gotten sooner or later anyway, and Pentimento was free, too.

So yeah. I've got a lot of great reading ahead ;) What do you think of my haul? And what did you get for Christmas and for your shelves?

9 comments:

  1. That actually is a really cool mug!

    ALSO! Hope you love Under The Never Sky -- it's one of my favorites!

    Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know A Song for Julia was free! Thankfully, the price hasn't changed. I just got it. (Thanks for mentioning the book. :) ) The Fiery Heart is amazing! So is Poison Princess! Enjoy your books and have a happy new year.

    Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Under the Never Sky for Christmas! I have yet to read it but have heard only good things about it. :)

    Fracture Me was an awesome novella. I recently read it and am also Team Adam...

    Happy reading!

    Emma @ Spun With Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that mug right now!!! On my Top Ten Tuesday on the blog I told Santa to bring me book 6 from GOT. Santa didn't come through. :)

    Angie
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice haul, Carmen! I would love to see the 'old' books you got from your uncle. Are they by Swiss authors?

    I have already read some of the books on your new shelf, and loved them. Others I am waiting to find the time to read.

    Happy reading, and Happy New Year Carmen :) Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool haul, especially that cup and cards. Those look cool :)

    Happy New Year!

    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe we have the same Fever series covers :D Love those the best of all ♥ Sigh...I *really* need to read Under the Never Sky and the Shatter Me Series. I have no excuse, I own both first books in their respective series. >.< D'oh! Anyways, congrats on the truly lovely haul, Bloodlines is another series I want to read! Happy reading love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot of great looking books. And I am truly jealous of that amazing mug! :) I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely haul! In my experience, sisters are usually pretty good for bookish gifts. :) I hope you love UtNS...I'm gearing up to read the final book soon. I've heard Fracture Me was not all it was expected to be, so I'm just going to skip it and wait for Ignite Me. Also, I don't know how I even made it through the second book in the Arcana Chronicles, but I'm glad the preview interested you enough to pick up the novel in full. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete